Carbon coated aluminum foil replaces the conventional Al foil as the current collector for cathode with improved performance on binding the active materials and the conductivity. In preparation nanosized conductive graphite and carbon particles are well dispersed and evenly coated on the aluminum foil. The coated carbon layer provides excellent conductivity by reducing the contact resistance between the anode materials and the collection collector. It also reduces the use of electrode binder and improves battery performance.
- Carbon coated layer with a thickness of ~1um
- Better electrical conductivity and less internal resistance
- Better mechanical strength and toughness to avoid short circuit caused by dendrite growth
- Improved adhesion between the substrate and the electrode material
- Improve the rate capability of the electrode and enable longer service life of Li-Ion batteries