A ball mill is a grinding machine used to grind, blend, and sometimes for mixing of materials for use in geology, ceramics, metallurgy, electronics, pharmacy, construction material, and light industry, etc. Ball mills are classified as attritor, planetary ball mill, high energy ball mill, horizontal ball mill, or shaker mill. The working principle is simple; impact and attrition size reduction take place as the balls crash each other or the grinding wall.
The nanostructure can be formed by varying the number and size of balls, the material used for the balls, the material used for the cylinder, the rotation speed, and the material to be milled. Ball mills are commonly used for crushing and grinding the materials into an extremely fine powder. The sample material can smash and blend various materials and granularities. Materials particles can be downsized to as low as 0.1um. The ball mill contains a hollow cylindrical container that rotates about its axis. These cylinders are made of stainless steel, Alumina Ceramic, Agate, Zirconia, Teflon, Nylon, and Polyurethane.
In a laboratory planetary ball mill, four or two ball grinding jars are to be installed simultaneously on the turning plate. When the plate rotates, the jar axis makes the planetary rotation in the opposite direction and the grinding media in the jar grind and mix sample at high speed.
- Wide range of machines to choose from, from benchtop mini PLB-0.4L mill to PLB-16L
- Various grinding jars and grinding media to choose from based on grinding materials, Alumina Ceramic, Agate, Zirconia, Stainless Steel, Teflon, Nylon, and Polyurethane.
- Automatic and programmable grinding, clockwise and counterclockwise with timing
- Reliable and heavy-duty
- Grinding in the inert atmosphere when the jars are sealed in glovebox
- Vacuum stainless steel (SS) jars available for grinding in vacuum
- Improved technology for low noise operation (<60db)
- Fully sealed jars capable for wet grinding
- Cooling of the grinding motor with a built-in fan for grinding duration up to 1,000 min
- Safety switch ensures automatic power off when the cover is lifted during operation
|Model||Power (KW)||Jars||Optional Jars||Rotation Speed (rpm)||Noise (dB)||Max. Operation (min)||Weight (exclude Jars, lbs)||Dimension (in*in*in)|
|PBM-0.4L||0.25||4*(0.05~0.1L)||50mL vacuum jars||90~870||58||9999||64||20*12*13|
|PBM-2L||0.75||4*(0.05~0.5L)||50~250mL vacuum jars||70~670||58||9999||176||30*19*23|
|PBM-4L||0.75||4*(0.25~1L)||50mL~1L vacuum jars||70~670||60||9999||176||30*19*23|
|PBM-8L||1.5||4*(1~2L)||50mL~1.5L vacuum jars||70~580||60||9999||291||35*22*26|
|PBM-10L||1.5||4*(1~2.5L)||1~2L vacuum jars||70~580||60||9999||291||35*22*26|
|PBM-12L||1.5||4*(1~3L)||1~2L vacuum jars||70~670||60||9999||291||35*22*26|
|PBM-16L||3||4*(2~4L)||1~3L vacuum jars||60~510||60||9999||448||37*24*28|
Ball Mill Jars and Grinding Media
|Jar \ Balls||Agate Balls||Zirconia Balls||Tungsten Carbide Balls||Stainless Steel (SS) Balls||Alumina Balls||Polyurethane-coated Steel Balls|
|Tungsten Carbide Jar||○||●|
|Stainles Steel (SS) Jar||●|