Hg/HgO reference electrode consists of Hg/HgO in 1M KOH solution. The electrode is used in an alkaline environment.
HgO + H2O + 2e– = Hg + 2OH–, E = 0.098V vs. NHE at 25 degree C.
The solution can be replaced by taking off the side cover.
- Electrode impedance: <10KΩ
- Potential at 25℃: 0.098V
- Flow rate at the interface: 1drop/10min
- The solution in the salt bridge: 1M KOH
- Before use, take off the rubber covering the Hg/HgO reference electrode interface.
- There shouldn’t be any air bubbles in the solution in the salt bridge, otherwise, the measuring circuit may be blocked. Please remove any air bubbles before first use. (shake the electrode)
- The solution level inside should be higher than that of the sample solution.
- Store the electrode in alkaline solution.
- Replace with the solution regularly and clean the inside wall of the electrode.